The scar left on your skin after a cut, burn, surgery, or even acne is what most people think of when they think of a scar. What causes the leftover mark, why do scar treatment products improve the appearance of scars, and what causes the leftover mark?
The cause of all scars is a wound or other damage to the skin, but not all scars are the same. Over time, the appearance of our skin changes as our bodies naturally regenerate collagen fibers to repair the damaged skin. A scar forms when this new collagen looks and feels different from the healthy skin around it. In some cases, scars are barely noticeable, whereas in others they are visible due to a sunken or raised area. Choosing the right products and treatments for your scar depends on the type of scar you have.
The following are the main types of scars:
- Atrophic scars are indented or sunken into the surrounding skin.
- Keloid scars or hypertrophic scars are raised and thicker than the surrounding skin.
- The scars that result from acne can be raised, sunken, or even \”pitted\” as well as red or brown, and each type of scar requires a specific treatment to diminish its appearance.
Patience is the key to preventing scars
In the world of shortcuts and crash courses, we wait it out when it comes to scars. The healing process for scars normally takes from six months to two years. Even the best scar treatment products can\’t speed up time, and most results don\’t show for months. You can, however, improve your results by taking proper care of your wound from the start. If you are unsure of your condition, always ask your physician to evaluate it.
Taking Care of New Scars:
- Keep the wound moist with petroleum jelly after it has healed and cover it with a bandage.
- If you intend to use any products containing potentially-irritating ingredients, avoid them.
- Use a broad-spectrum, non-irritating, chemical-free sunscreen with at least SPF 30 whenever your scar is exposed to the sun.
- To gradually fade discoloration and smooth the texture of new scars, use over-the-counter scar treatment products such as scar creams, gels, or oils.
- If you need to avoid or heal scars, consider silicone scar sheets.
- The best acne scar treatment is prevention – if you don\’t pick your blemishes, they will leave fewer scars!
Straight Talk on Professional Scar Treatment Products & Procedures
With so many people searching for acne scar treatment products and other scar treatments, it\’s no wonder that professional scar removal methods receive so much attention. There\’s also no wonder why more and more dermatologists and medi-spas are offering scar-fading and scar-diminishing services in addition to selling scar-fading and scar-diminishing products.
One of the most challenging SMPs is scar coverage, but it is also the one that can make the customer the happiest. Finding the right scarp coverage treatment in Austin TX is important because it can transform your self-image. In the best way possible, it can change your life.