Its no news that hair loss is as common in women as in men, in fact 1 in 4 women suffer from hair thinning and hair loss amounting to 30 million women in America. percentage wise, 40% of women experience visible hair loss by the time they reach 40. These numbers are not to scare you but to make you prepared for the worst.
With a problem this severe, the solution also needs to be effective and impactful. There is a lot of buzz on scalp micropigmentation, which is becoming a popular solution to women. SMP is helping women gain their confidence back without any concerns of side effects or scarring.
What exactly is Scalp Micropigmentation?
This is a procedure which injects cosmetic pigmentation on your scalp. This is done with the help of micro-needles using the dotting and pointillism technique where tiny hues of pigments are placed into the scalp to replicate hair follicles. This gives an exact impression of dense hair.
This process should be performed by highly skilled artists who have undergone proper training in scalp micropigmentation. Hence, the choice of SMP artist is very crucial.
What are the benefits?
- SMP is a non-invasive technique. Although it uses a needle, it reaches only two layers into your skin, unlike a tattoo, which penetrates five layers into the skin. So if you have got a tattoo, this is cakewalk for you! Since the pain is zero to minimal, the recovery time is also minimal.
- SMP has no side effects associated with it till date, and as women, we need to take extra care of that.
- SMP is cost effective and low maintenance. An SMP session costs around $500 and you might have to undergo two to three such sessions. Once the process is completed, you are done for 5 to 7 years with proper care, after which you might have to go for touch-ups.
- It is suitable for any and all skin and hair types. Whether you have diffused hair thinning or pattern hair loss, SMP got you covered!
- It gives a very good scar coverage if any, caused by an injury or surgery.
With so many pros associated with it and no con whatsoever, it is a no brainer why most women are opting for this treatment. SMP blends perfectly with your skin color and hair texture to accentuate your hair to its fullest potential.
Why SMP of Austin?
SMP of Austin has the finest team of SMP experts who have been trained from the industry’s best. Our goal is to make your hair loss treatment a success so that you walk out of here wearing a smile and confidence. We provide exceptional after care and customer service. Our treatments include hair thinning coverage for women, scar coverage for women among others. Call us at (512) 980-1209